1)  That on February 18, 1981 I did receive a phone call from Paul D. Pollard asking me to pick him up at Mark Ashes house on Route 1A in Lucerne, ME.
a. According to Cormier's phone bill (which I have) he accepted a collect call at his residence from Pollard at 8:44 a.m.  This was a little more than four hours after Cormier and Pollard murdered Mike.
2)  I did pick Mr. Pollard up at about 9:00 a.m. on the 18th of February at Mark Ashe's residence. He was in the garage.
a. According to Fire Chief Norman Herrin, Hancock County Sheriff Elmer Alto and Fire Inspector Wilbur Ricker Pollard’s tracks were followed and they led to the main highway where Pollard was picked up at approximately 4:00 a.m. Where was Pollard and Cormier between 4:00 a.m. and 8:44 a.m., five hours?
13)  On or about the 20th of February Mr. Pollard and myself did in fact meet with Percy Sargent and took him to my home in East Corinth, Maine.
a. Percy was bailed on February 21, 1981. Cormier and Pollard picked Percy up at the jail that day and took him to Cormier’s home where Percy and Pollard hid in the woods. In one of Det. Shuman’s 1984 interviews with police informant David Harriman, David told Shuman that he bailed Percy because he had tried to kill him one time and he was scared of him.
14)  During the course of the evening, I received a phone call from [Bangor Police Lt. Roger] Bryce asking the whereabouts of people who were at my home. After a fifteen-minute span Mr. Pollard and Mr. Sargent [Percy] left and went to a cleared area in the rear of my home in East Corinth, Maine.
a. Percy Sargent and Paul Pollard hid in the woods behind Cormier’s home after Lt. Bryce called Cormier’s home asking who was at his home. Pollard in his February 12, 1981 statement also told this to Shuman. Why did Bryce want to know the whereabouts of people in Cormier’s home? And why were Percy and Paul Pollard hiding in the woods? Richard Sargent, Roger Johnson, and William Meyers were not hiding in the woods
17) During the trip down to Rhode Island, we did stop at the Pineland Motel in Auburn, Maine to see Mr. Richard Sargent. We told him of the plans that had been made and asked his opinion of the situation, also we asked for some cash.
a. In Richard Sargent’s November 2, 1988 letter he wrote: “What was said that day in the motel (Cormier did the talking) was that Cochran was taken care of and he wouldn’t be doing any talking. I told them that I didn’t want anything to do with murder.”
19) On or about the 24th of February, I met with Mr. Percy Sargent and we went to the Lucerne, Maine camp to see if there was anything to what we read in the Bangor Daily News. In fact when we both got there, we were met by the State Fire Marshall and one of his assistants. We were both told to leave, as they were still investigating the fire scene.
a. The arson was not reported in the Bangor Daily News until Feb. 25, the day Cormier and Percy Sargent arrived at the murder scene.

Fire Marshal Ricker said after he and MSP Cpl. Jamison found Mike, Jamison took his vehicle and went to Fire Chief Herrin’s residence to call the authorities. They didn’t want to use their radios because they didn’t want the news media on the scene at that time.

Ricker said he told Det. Shuman about Percy Sargent and Cormier arriving at the murder scene and that “they need be looked at.”

February 12, 1985 statement, typed up in Shuman’s words says Pollard told him that he,  Lionel Cormier and Richard Sargent arrived at the murder scene, regardless of Ricker telling Shuman that it was Lionel Cormier and Percy Sargent. But neither man was ever questioned.
21) During that conversation Mr. Pollard told us both that he believed that Cochran’s body would be found.
a. Percy Sargent told his brother Richard in their April 1986 recorded conversation that Mike had been found when they fled the state.
22)  Mr. Pollard spoke of the probability of Cochran starting the fire, but that idea was quickly discarded, as we all knew that Mike Cochran was out on escape and would be the last person to do anything of that nature.
a. In Pollard’s March 3, 1981 statement Shuman wrote that “He [Pollard] did not know whether Cochran was the one that set the fire and left.
23) Months later Mr. Pollard did tell me that Mike Cochran was heavily into the cocaine the evening in question that his girlfriend also was very “high” and that she may have had something to do with this crime. But the conversation was soon dismissed as pure speculation.
a) The public health laboratory report states: “Cocaine and nicotine were detected in the urine (no cocaine level was reported). The blood contained an alcohol level of .01 gms/100 ml.”