Front View: This is the scene I saw when Mike's girlfriend took us to the murder scene after the memorial service. She showed us where Mike's body was found. The state police cleaned up the fire rubble and trucked it all to the dump  

Side View: Insurance adjuster took this photo on Feb. 18, 1981 while Mike's body still lay under this pile of fire rubble. He lay in this burned pile of fire rubble for six days for animals to attack along with the murderers. His body was buried for 6 days under the rubble near the round object in the lower left corner in the photo.  

Back View  
Back View w/Gas Can
Fire Inspector Ricker took this photo of the back of the cottage the day he found Mike’s body. One of the gas cans that was used in the arson can be seen under the back door with fire rubble around and on it. The back door had no stairs and the foundation was at least 4 to 5 feet high. There was then at least 2 to 3 feet to the door handle on the back door.
     Paul Pollard, the man seen fleeing the murder scene testified that he made a couple trips in and out of the back door while getting dressed. Ricker's expert opinion was that the building exploded from the gas fumes and that it was like someone reached out the back door and dropped the can on the ground while setting the fire. Pollard's height was 5′ 3ʺ; and I would describe him as being overweight.
Garage firemen saved. Fire Inspector Ricker had just found Mike's body when he heard a car coming. He hid behind this building and saw Lionel Cormier and Percy Sargent walk toward the murder scene before he stepped in view. He said "they looked like two deer got caught under a jack lantern or something, and they kind of froze there."  
Two more gas cans used in Mike's murder. His name and date of death are on the tags. Detectives Shuman never picked up the cans from Fire Inspector Wilbur Ricker. I got them in 1990 during my US Civil lawsuit against Paul Pollard, man seen fleeing the murder scene with a .357 handgun on him. The cans were in my possession for 11 years.